- President and CEO of Omaha Healthy Kids Alliance.
- Vice-Chair of the Board of Governors for Metropolitan Community College (publicly elected as member of Board of Governors in 2014).
- Board member of the National Lead and Environmental Hazards Association.
- Social Worker with over 20 years of experience working in nonprofits and social services.
- Has raised over $13 million to create safe and healthy housing for children in Omaha.
- Married for 16 years to Scott Eastman, a professor of History at Creighton University.
- Mother to Sabina, a sophomore at Central High School.
- Born in the Midwest; raised by a single mom.
- Fluent in Spanish.